The girls are motivated to grasp all the opportunities given to them
At the end of a busy week of study, our Sixth Formers ‘down tools’ on a Friday afternoon and participate in an enrichment programme that offers an exciting and diverse range of opportunities designed to help them acquire new skills, to make new friends and to have fun. As well as offering a range of physical activities, students can also follow courses that lead to formal qualifications.
Most options run for one term and the list below shows the activities that are currently on offer based on what the students have said they want to do.
- Rock Climbing at Craggy Island in Guildford
- Golf lessons at Pine Ridge Golf Course
- Running our in-house radio station (in partnership with Eagle Radio)
- Student Mentoring and Tutoring (University of Surrey Accredited course)
- Guildford Spectrum (swimming, ice-skating, bowling)
- Listening and Counselling Course (Level 2 qualification)
- Dance, Yoga and Zumba lessons
- Skiing at Aldershot Ski Slope
- Minimus - teaching Latin and Classical Civilisation to Years 4-6 at St Bernadette's Primary School
- Culinary Capers – Learning how to cook in preparation for university
During the year, there are afternoons organised for cultural trips and visits and also for students to listen to visiting speakers who are experts in their fields to help broaden knowledge and experience. For example, in the last year there has been a presentation by an Army Sergeant exploring the conflict in Aghanistan, MEPs debating ‘What has the EU ever done for us?’ and a Sixth Form Question Time with local politicians.