The school's Learning Support Coordinator, Mrs Winch-Johnson, oversees the provision of education for students with Special Educational Needs.
- New parents are asked to complete a questionnaire for the Learning Support Coordinator.
- Year 7 students complete a short test to assess their basic learning skills.
- A student is referred to Learning Support if a cause for concern is expressed by parents, teachers or the student herself.
- Outside specialist support may be sought.
- If diagnosed with a special need, the coordinator asks staff to adjust their teaching if necessary.
A copy of the school's Learning Support Policy and Practice is available, on request, from the Headmistress.
Study skills are taught throughout the school via the PSHE programme and special study skills programmes.