Farnborough Hill is dedicated to educating the whole person within a caring Christian community where each individual is valued.
Our mission is to educate girls, to nurture their personal, social and spiritual development, and to promote academic excellence. The ethos of the school is rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition and we welcome students from other Christian denominations and religious faiths. The school is committed to equal opportunities for all. We want each girl to enjoy her experience of school life so that she is ready to play a full and responsible part in the wider community.
Educating the whole person
- Students are encouraged to aim for excellence, to develop their gifts and talents, to achieve their full potential and to follow their dream
- We promote the spiritual, moral, creative, physical and social development of each student
- Girls learn to become confident, articulate young women, able to take their place as responsible members of society
A caring christian community
- Jesus Christ is at the heart of our school community
- We live by gospel values in an atmosphere marked by joy, friendship and family spirit
- Growth in personal faith is fostered
- Our vibrant spirituality is expressed through working and praying together, the sharing of common values and the respect, support and care shown to one another
Enjoyment of school life
- We aim to make schooldays happy and fulfilling
- Students are helped and supported to set realistic goals
- We endeavour to meet the individual learning needs of students
- We celebrate achievement and success, instilling a lifelong love of learning
The wider community
- We are committed to care for others within the school, in the local community and in the wider world
- We believe that each individual's contribution can make a difference in the building of a better world
- We encourage commitment to truth, justice and peace
Governors, community, staff, parents and students are involved in a creative partnership which explores life through learning, experience and reflection and gives a reason for living and hoping.
Download our full mission statement: