The Think Tank is an opportunity for all pupils to extend their learning and be inspired by a range of speakers and activities.
A varied programme of guest speakers, workshops and trips encourage students to be inspired, open their minds and find out about unusual careers. Some recent events include:
- Phillip Ridley from SmartWater, with a crime prevention talk
- 'Heart of Brazil' Talk to Year 8
- Julie Etchingham, Journalist, ITN News at Ten Presenter
- Dr Ashok Jansari, Psychologist
- Giles Proctor, lawyer and academic at Roehampton University
- SATRO Teen Tech, Science event in Guildford
- Dr Mike Ashe, director of Chilli Stix, interactive demonstrations on the use of CO2 and dry ice
- Lucy Shuker paralympic bronze medalist
- Sandi Toksvig talks on why girls are best
- Quantum Physics explained by Dr Josh Nunn
- Kodaly Workshops with Len Tyler
Students are also encouraged to attend lectures at local universities. These are usually free lecture series open to the public and often specifically aimed at able Year 11s and all Sixth Formers.